Friday, February 22, 2013

Day 5 Update

Here we are on day 5, and I wanted to log this experience so far. I noticed the cravings for carbs and sugar and sweets and everything neat peaked on day 3. I wanted to go to the store and buy every little debbie snack cake there was and slam it down with a Mountain Dew. However, since day 3 the cravings have subsided significantly.  My desire to eat pure is helping block out temptations, because I feel like it is more of a goal than just "eat healthier". I'm working on a research blog post in the future about carbohydrates and insulin resistance, and I hope to post it on here soon. But the bottom line is that we do not need nearly the amount of carbohydrates we consume on a daily basis. Like I said, I'll explain that later. I will be the first to admit that my diet is FAR from perfect. But for the first week, I am doing the best I can as I learn. I will always be honest about what I eat on here. Food log for yesterday below:

Breakfast: 1.5 cup Special K with 1/4 cup of blueberries with 1 cup of Almond Milk
Breakfast snack: Fiber one bar
Lunch: Healthy Choice Italian Sausage Bake with Apple
Afternoon snack: Banana and Yoplait 99% fat free yogurt
Afternoon snack failure: 8 girlscout cookies (240 calories total but high in carbs)
Dinner: 6 ounce ribeye with 1 cup green beans and a medium yukon  gold potato with 1 cup of onion
Dessert: Hot chocolate and 1/2 cup of peanut butter trail mix

Total calories were about 2100. I worked out over my lunch and the approximate calorie expenditure was about 300 calories or so, so I eat to make up for it. My mistake yesterday was the girl scout cookies. The mistake wasnt a willpower issue, but more or less that I was still hungry after my workout, and at 120 calories per 4 cookes, it seemed like itd do the least amount of damage because I ate all my food. In the future, on work out days I am going to pack more food.

From a clinical standpoint, my experience so far:
- Cannot determine yet if I have more energy.
- Have had pretty bad headaches for the past 3 days (husband as well so I think its the clean eating)
- Cravings have gone down
- Too early to weigh in

1 comment:

  1. This is my first time pay a quick visit at here and i am really
    impressed to read all at alone place.

    Also visit my page ... Buy Grow XL

    ReplyDelete