Monday, July 18, 2011

Healthy eating the whole family will love

I was referred to skinnytaste.com from a friend when I was looking for delicious, healthy recipes to consume and share with everyone. I don't know about you, but I've grown up thinking healthy food was gross. I mean, who wants to eat salmon and boring salad all day every day? I'm a meat eater for goodness sake! I'm really glad I got this website. I tried homemade chicken nuggets, recipe available here! Homemade chicken nuggets and fresh green beans makes one delicious dinner!
For the chicken nuggets, I followed the recipe perfectly. My husband and I like "special sauce" (kraft olive oil mayo with ketchup) for it. The green beans had amazing flavor and the fresh you buy, the fresher it tastes. For two people I used two slices of low sodium bacon and half of a large onion with about 25 green beans. I threw all of that in a pot with about a cup of water and some pepper and let it steam cook on medium for about 25 minutes. The result? Insanely flavorful vegetable for the kids with a little bit of man food (bacon) for them to devour.

For 4 chicken nuggets, calorie total 165 calories. For one serving of green beans, 120 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment